Friday, November 28, 2008

Chickadees




Around this time of the year I start feeding the birds around my property. Since there are 4 cats living in the area, I do not feed them when the weather is decent because the cats love to hunt them; and they are good hunters!

I chose to share two photos of chickadees which are welcome visitors to my bird feeder. I enjoy watching (and photographing) them as they fly in, grab seeds, then fly into a nearby tree to crack and eat them. In the second photo you can see how the chickadee holds the seed with one of its feet, then breaks it with its beak. Chickadees are fairly difficult to photograph because they don't stay still very long.

If you like photographs of birds, feel free to check my Birds Galleries:
http://lanephotography.com/birds/birds_main_01.htm

No comments:

Churches

Churches I am presently adding photos to my Churches 3 Facebook album on my Communities and Culture Page. Wherever I go, I photograph church...