Saturday, December 27, 2008

Backyard Sky





Thanks for the positive comments about "Goats for Christmas". I'll pass the comments to the Power of 6 when school reopens next week.

A couple of evenings ago I was taking a photo from my back deck when a relative came by and said that it was too late to get a good picture. I told him I was trying to capture a good image of the deep blue sky with silhouettes of trees. This morning I am sharing three of the photos with you.

The sun had already set when I made these images so the sky was a very deep blue. Because the light was very low, I chose an ISO of 1600 and set the camera to Program (P). The camera chose 1/100 second at f 8. I knew the photos would be fairly crisp and capture what I wanted as long as I didn't focus on the dark area of the photo.

Since the three photos were taken from my veranda, you will have an idea of what my backyard looks like - a forest!

1 comment:

bearkat said...

That so reminds me of when I was living in Jasper!! :)
I thought that was great of those kids and the power of six.
Way to go!!!!
Happy New Year!

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...