Monday, December 08, 2008

Humpback Whales


One evening in July 2005 I took a boat tour hoping to photograph humpback whales. Three whales swam around the boat for quite a while and I was able to capture a few interesting images.

The first photo shows two of the whales with one whale preparing to dive. I thought I would get a chance to photograph it's tail, but as you can see in the second photo, the tail didn't really break the surface. A few minutes later one of the whales dove deep and showed it's tail as it did so.

Photographing whales at close range is very exciting but you have to be watchful in order to capture images that are in focus.

Feel free to check my Whales Galleries at: http://lanephotography.com/whales/whales_main_01.htm


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...