Sunday, January 18, 2009

Carrot in Tree


Have you ever seen a carrot in a tree? That's what I saw as I dumped the compost the other day. It was really weird; a carrot laid gently (approximately 4 feet from the ground) on twigs of a larch tree. It was an unusual sight so I got my camera and captured it.

It is not unusual to see vegetables around my compost heap, but to see one in a tree is highly unusual! I assume a squirrel was trying to carry the carrot into the tree and gave up on it. Of course, the carrot is almost as big as a squirrel so it would be an ambitious undertaking. Feel free to suggest other ways this may have happened.

Today's images show that - Everything's a Picture and while they are not as "beautiful" as many images I share, they do make you wonder how the carrot ended up in a tree.

1 comment:

bearkat said...

I would think that was one ambitious squirrel! :)

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...