Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stained Glass, St. Joseph's, St. Mary's Bay











Years ago, while driving through the town of St. Joseph's in St. Mary's Bay, I decided to photograph the historic church. When I approached the building I realized that it was in poor shape and no longer used. I took a few photos of the stained glass windows, a few of which weren't broken.

A couple of years later I returned to the area and saw no trace of the church. It had been torn down since my previous visit. I should have taken more photos when the opportunity presented itself!

The first image is a photo of the church as it looked the first time I saw it. The others show the artwok on the windows.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Certainly brings back memories of the old church.It was destroyed by acontrolled burn .Too bad monies wern't available to preserve such a piece of arc itecture and history of St.Joseph's

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...