Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hawke Hills 5






The Hawke Hills Ecological Reserve is a great place to find glacial boulders left behind after the last Ice Age around 10 000 years ago.

The valleys are filled with these boulders which look like ancient river beds full of rocks. I imagine that as the ice melted large rivers formed and the boulders dropped out of the ice along the river channels. It is very interesting to observe the direct evidence of something that happened 10 000 years ago.

This is the last day in the Hawke Hills series and I thank you for your interesting comments about my photos of this area. I uploaded a Hawke Hills Gallery with 24 images. Feel free to visit at: http://lanephotography.com/holyrood/hawke_hills/hawke_hills_1.htm



No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...