Friday, April 03, 2009

Abstracts - Greenspond





This morning I am returning to the series of photos I took in Greenspond in July 2006. A while back someone requested more windows and/or doors photos so I am sharing a few photos that may be of interest. When I walk through a community I see things that may have been missed while driving. The photos today show a few of these things.

The colours in the first photo are striking; the yellow house, green door with white trim, green railings and red deck. As well the horizontal and vertical lines are interesting. Note the one diagonal line that looks like a mop or broom handle that is painted the same colour as the house.
The second photo shows a home-made recycling bin which was over half full of empty beverage containers. I assume the owner waits until it is full, then makes a trip to a recycling depot. The shed and recycling bin are built on solid rock.

The third photo shows a classic car that is parked in a yard. I am certain there are people on this list that can identify the year and model of the car. But there are other elements in the photo that provide information: children's playground equipment such as a slide and trampoline indicate that children live in the house. The red house is interesting and stands out against the white houses all around.
Note that the ladder is painted to match the colours of the house. The last photo shows a door with blue circles painted on them. The door needs a bit of white paint. Also note that the building appears to have shifted because the doors are out of alignment.





No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...