Thursday, May 14, 2009

Moose






Two moose, a mother and calf, were in our yard yesterday morning and I took quite a few photos before they moved into the forest. The three images I am sharing today show individual images of each one, then the two of them as they walked away from me.
Even though moose are huge animals, they are not too aggressive and are nervous of people. Their excellent hearing is so good they can hear my camera clicking even from 50 feet away. This usually makes them a little skittish.

Even though I have lived in this area for 27 years and I have seen moose many times a year, I still enjoy watching and photographing them every time. I took nearly 100 photos in the 7 minutes I watched them.



1 comment:

bearkat said...

Bruce, sure enjoyed the moose pics! They are rather elusive to snap pics of! Enjoyed your Florida pics and your spring flowers too! Have a great weekend!

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...