Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pelicans





We've been back from Florida for over a month and even though the weather has been better than normal for this part of the world, I haven't had much opportunity to take recent photos. Landscaping with a rake, shovel and wheelbarrow is taking all my spare time these days. As a result, I have gone back to some of my Florida 2009 photos for today's Photo of the Day.

On April 26 and 27, I shared photos of pelicans on Bonita Beach. I love watching them fly along the beach without moving their wings. I also enjoy watching them dive for fish.

The first photo shows a pelican gliding overhead as it searches the water below for food. The second image shows a pelican as it flew from the water in the opposite direction. For large birds, they don't have any trouble taking off from the ocean. The third photo shows two pelicans diving in unison.



No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...