Monday, May 18, 2009

Tulips





One of you requested photos of the the tulips in my yard when they flowered so I am sharing a few of them today. They have been in bloom for a few days now and I was waiting for an overcast day to make some photos. However I decided to photograph them yesterday morning, a bright and beautiful sunny day.
The first photo shows six tulips that I planted around a fairly large rock in my yard. The tulips I planted close to rocks are blooming first. I suspect the rock absorbs heat from the sun and warms the soil around it.

The other two photos show the inside of the large red and yellow flowers. I will continue to photograph plants around the yard as Spring progresses in this part of the world.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

Love the tulip pics! They are a huge part of my heritage...Thanks!

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...