Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tulips





I have been telling you how good the weather has been around here this year - a very unusual Spring for sure! Today was another beautiful, sunny day. Normally, this time of the year is very wet, but we have had very little rain. Plant growth is at least 2 weeks ahead of last year this time.

This morning I photographed the tulips in my yard again. I am sharing a few different views of the flowers that are adding much colour to my yard these days. The first image shows a wide view of the tulips. If you look carefully, you will notice that I planted the bulbs around large rocks. I thought that the rock would help keep the soil warm and promote growth. I planted all my tulip bulbs around large rocks and they are all doing fine.

The other images show more abstract views of the flowers. I liked the lighting of the early morning sun on the petals.




No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...