Friday, June 12, 2009

Gaskiers






Gaskiers is located on the southwest Avalon on the Irish Loop. I usually drive through this town once or twice a year, but most of today's photos were taken as I drove around the side roads of the small town.

The first photo shows a couple of outbuildings and a long rocky beach that extends to Point la Haye in the distance. I liked the photo of the fence even though I knew the land would be dark because of the bright water. You can see from the terrain that there are few trees in the area so the person who owned the pile of logs must have travelled quite a way to find the trees.

Feel free to check out the 15 photos in my updated Gaskiers Gallery at: http://lanephotography.com/irish_loop/gaskiers/gaskiers.htm

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...