Saturday, June 20, 2009

Old Perlican







Old Perlican is located along the Baccalieu Trail in Trinity Bay South. I chose photos that I hope you find interesting. The first shows a small side road bordered by grasses and fenced property. As most of you know, Fences is another favourite theme of mine and in recent years, I have included roads and highways in my compositions as well.

When I saw three calves resting by an old abandoned home, I stopped to make a few images. The scene is unusual - most cows I photograph are in pastures and barnyards, but the old house and ocean in the background were different!

I also liked the faded red barn with the boats overgrown by grasses. As well, you can see the lack of trees on the hills in the distance.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...