Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Iceberg 3





I am back in Newfoundland after two weeks in Nova Scotia. As promised, I continued to send my Photo of the Day to my Blog. If you didn't get a chance to check it, I sent many more photos of Change Islands (17 posts of 5 photos each) as well as two previous posts of the iceberg seen in today's photos. The first four images show how using your zoom lens enables you to make different photographs of the same subject.

Many people find icebergs fascinating. This large piece of ice broke off a glacier that was formed around 10 000 years ago in Greenland, then floated to Newfoundland to become grounded in Notre Dame Bay where it will melt into the ocean. I have photographed every iceberg that I've seen since purchasing a 35 mm camera 39 years ago. Two years ago, my son and I created a DVD that has information and slide shows depicting photos we've taken. If you are interested in icebergs, let me know and I will send you information about the DVD.

Feel free to check out my ten Iceberg Galleries at: http://lanephotography.com/icebergs/icebergs2.htm

No comments:

Churches

Churches I am presently adding photos to my Churches 3 Facebook album on my Communities and Culture Page. Wherever I go, I photograph church...