Saturday, August 22, 2009

Salvage 3





You can see from today's photos that it was a beautiful, calm summer day when I visited Salvage in July. Their was hardly a ripple on the ocean or clouds in the sky; great for making photographs.

The weather tomorrow and Monday won't be quite as good - we're expecting Hurricane Bill to bring heavy rain and strong winds. The storm is still too far away, but the most recent prediction I heard was that it could be a Category 1 hurricane when it crosses the Avalon Peninsula. We've had lots of storms that were the remnants of hurricanes, but I don't remember a full-fledged hurricane of any category hitting our province. I wonder if its another sign of global warming.



1 comment:

bearkat said...

Enjoying this series Bruce. I am still always amazed at how they seemingly build on all that rock!!
Hope you stay safe with this hurricane. Have friends in NB that it is also affecting....have a good day

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...