Thursday, September 03, 2009

Carving Spoons





Ross Farm Museum, located in New Ross, is Nova Scotia's Living Museum of Agriculture. This summer I made my second visit to the farm and took over 1000 photographs while I was there. For the next few days I will share photo essays on a number of topics. Living museums are great because they provide opportunities to make photographs of people in period costumes doing things the way they were done in the past. It is like stepping back in time.

The gentleman carving spoons told us he was making them for a movie studio that plans to use them as props in an upcoming movie. The images were made inside without a flash. There was a small window behind the carver and it provided excellent lighting on his hands as he worked.

No comments:

Cats

Cats I am sharing photos to my Cats 2 Facebook Album. If you like cats, you may enjoy my Cats Albums. I have provided links to both of my al...