Saturday, September 12, 2009

Peggy's Cove






While in Nova Scotia, friends took me on a boat ride in St. Margaret's Bay and went as far as Peggy's Cove. I have visited Peggy's Cove before, but not by boat. It was interesting to see all the people walking around the granite rocks, a few of whom are very near the the ocean. I believe there are signs warning tourists NOT to go too close to the ocean, but obviously some visitors do not obey them. The last photo shows a view of part of the small town from the ocean.

Peggy's Cove must get hundreds of thousands of visitors a year as a result of great marketing by the province of Nova Scotia. The small community is scenic, but no more scenic or accessible than many lighthouses in Newfoundland and Labrador. I guess it is a lot harder to get to this province than Nova Scotia.

I have updated my Peggy's Cove Gallery: http://lanephotography.com/peggys_cove/peggys_cove.htm




No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...