Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Candid Photos






Today's candid photos are a little different because the subjects are performing for tourists in Hawaii (August, 1980). In both places, there were hundreds of people, many of whom were taking pictures.

The Hawaiian guy climbed a palm tree in bare feet then threw flower petals over the audience. I took several photos as he climbed the tree, which he made look very easy. When he threw the flowers, the wind blew them and since they were moving, they appear a little blurred on the final image. I like that effect, because it gives a feeling of motion.

The lady was dancing for a crowd at the Kodak Hula Show in Waikiki. You can see by the "motion" in the skirt that she was shaking her hips but hardly any other part of her body was moving.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...