Saturday, October 10, 2009

Candids 5





All photos today were are from slides taken in 1981-1982 in the St. John's area. The guy with his face painted was participating in a peace march that took place in downtown St. John's and ended at the War Memorial. He had a peace symbol painted on his face. I believe this may be Beni Malone, who owns and operates Wonderbolt Circus.

The young lady enjoying a few rays was lying on the beach in Cochrane Pond Park, just outside the city. Since it was taken nearly 30 years ago I suspect she is in her mid-40s now. If I knew the person, I would send her a copy of this photo.

In those days I was working on a slide show about senior citizens for a university course I was doing at the time. When I saw this older gentleman sitting alone on a park bench by Quidi Vidi Lake I took two photos: one with him looking straight ahead and this one when he looked to his left. I used the other in the slide show.

A parent of a young girl I photographed swimming in the ocean once asked me why I took photos of people and what I did with them. I told her that I kept them on file and, as long as they weren't obviously recognizable, could use them in slide shows or have them published in magazines. As time passes, the photos become more valuable.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...