Saturday, October 03, 2009

Hawaii 4







Today I chose to share photographs of sunsets taken from Waikiki Beach. Some of you have told me that you find it difficult to capture a nice sunset photo that shows its beautiful colours. If you have this problem, you can try the following:
  • Set the camera Mode to P - Program instead of A - full Auto
  • Shoot at the maximum zoom of your camera
  • Focus (take light reading) on brightest part of the scene
    - Sun itself, but don't stare at it!
    - Clouds with brightest edges
  • Compose the shot (keep shutter release pressed halfway)
  • Make the photo
  • Shoot lots

If you try this and get good results, let me know.



No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...