Friday, October 30, 2009

To Mountain 2





The trails I follow go through thick trees as well as boggy areas. The first photo shows part of the trail not too far from where I photographed the sheep laurel in yesterday's post. You can see the challenge of making photographs with so much contrast between shadows and bright areas. I usually focus on the brighter areas which causes the shadows to be very dark.

The wild roses growing by the side of of a lake were photographed about 15 minutes into my hike. I was surprised to see them in early July, but this year our Spring and Summer came earlier than normal. The third image shows my destination (the peak between the two trees) once again - taken about one-half the way there.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...