Tuesday, January 26, 2010

U - Upper Island Cove






Upper Island Cove is small town (with a population of around 2 000) located in Conception Bay and is a 40 minute drive from my home in Holyrood. I have visited there fairly often and have enough images for another few more "alphabetical themes". I don't have many photographic subjects beginning with U, so I may have to make another tip there soon. :)

The photos I have chosen show the cliffs near the town, small boats in the harbour and a view of one of the narrow streets which shows how little property they have in front of their homes. I first photographed Upper Island Cove in the early 1980s and will scan the slides I took then in the next while. Of course, I will share any interesting images from that time.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...