Thursday, February 04, 2010

Reflections






Today's photos were taken January 6, 2010 and, as you can see, it doesn't look much like winter here. In fact, the temperatures in Newfoundland were as warm as Florida (and higher a couple of days), very rare for this part of the world. The hunting season was over and this was the first time I had hiked up to the hills since it opened in October. It was a beautiful sunny day with no wind and the lake was totally still, a great day for shooting reflections.

The first photo shows Main Beach Pond, the first lake I see on my hikes, photos of which I have shared on this list in the past. The mountain in the background is the highest peak of land in this area, and is the destination of many of my hikes. The second is a reflection of trees and sky and the third shows rocks with reflections. Before I finished photographing these scenes, the wind picked up, and the still reflections were gone.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...