Friday, March 05, 2010

Fortress of Louisbourg 3






I really liked the lighting on the green chair shown in the first photo. While it doesn't look as comfortable as a modern-day lazy boy, it does look more comfortable than the wooden chair in the photos I shared yesterday.

I photographed a group of soldiers who were waiting for the start of a ceremony and another soldier posed for me in front of a stone wall. You can see that the uniforms are authentic looking and visiting the Fortress of Louisbourg is like stepping into the past.

The fourth image today is a view of the ornate chapel. I have more images of this chapel and will share them in the future. However, if you are interested, I have nine images of the chapel on line at:
http://www.lanephotography.com/louisbourg/louisbourg%20chapel/louisbourg%20chapel%2001.htm

The last photo shows a lone soldier standing on guard in the large square outside the main building in the Fortress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your Louisbourg posts. Its my second home! I looked at the gallery on your website as well and was very pleased to see a photo of my dad, who we lost last year, he loved the Fortress as well and it was his passion to the day he left us. Beautiful work, thanks for sharing it in your blog.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks for the positive feedback. I am curious how you found this posting on my Blog so quickly.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...