Sunday, March 21, 2010

One Day of Photography in Florida 2









Yesterday's photos started my new One Day of Photography in Florida series. The photos in this series are in the order they were taken, allowing you to see what photos I saw one morning in Florida.

The white ibis sitting alone on top of a tree with the clear blue sky in the background caught my attention right away. I composed several photos but liked this one with the subjects in the right third of the image and the blue sky dominating the left side. It looks like the bird is looking out over a great expanse from its great height. If the bird were facing the opposite direction this photo wouldn't have worked as well.

As you can see in the second photo, there are lots of people out and about as the sun rises. I chose to turn left on Orchard Road and follow the people in the photo; of course I walked at a much slower pace because I was making photos. :) I have photographed many people walking around the park in the early morning light. You can see the terrain and types of trees I see on my walks. To the right of the photo is an orange orchard which is fenced, but I have taken many photos of birds, spiders, sunrises and rabbits while standing by the fence looking in.

Because there are lots of orange trees on this road, I always photograph oranges, or their blossoms, during my walks and have many images of the fruit in my collection.

I heard a red cardinal singing close by and was glad when it suddenly flew into a tree with few leaves. I had to be fast to get the shot because they were pretty skittish when I was there. Red cardinals are plentiful in the park and I am always trying to get better photos of them.




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...