Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dance of the Sea Spirits











This morning I chose photos of the Dance of the Sea Spirits, part of the Steps Through Time pageant held in Brigus each summer. Most years I photograph the entire pageant, but the Dance is one of my favourite pieces. Some years there may be one or two dancers, but when there are three, it is very moving. Today's photos are close-up views taken before the dance began while the dancers were sitting very still on a cliff overlooking the sea. The entire dance lasts about 3 or 4 minutes and it started to rain just as the dancers were about to begin the dance.

Over the next day or two, I will share more images of these dancers. I have some b&w photos of the dance on line at: http://www.lanephotography.com/cbn/brigus/steps/steps_through_time_01.htm

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...