Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gorilla 4





This is the last of my Gorilla series and I hope you have enjoyed seeing them as much as I enjoyed making them. This was the only time I had seen gorillas at such close range and even though I was shooting through thick glass, I was still impressed with the final images.

I remember years ago, Jane Goodall filmed chimpanzees using reeds of grass to catch termites and said it was the first example of animals using "tools". In fact. it made scientists rethink how they viewed the intelligence of animals.

I saw the gorilla in the first image pick up a twig and use it to scratch itself. Another (shown in yesterday's photos) was tapping on a ball. I uploaded a couple of close-ups of its hands to my Blog. In several of the photos I have shared this week, the gorillas were looking at me as curiously as I looked at them.

The last photo shows a gorilla looking at me and almost smiling for the camera. It actually looks a little shy. :)




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...