Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reflections






Reflections

Over the years I have photographed Reflections and have a wide selection of images on that theme. In February I shared a few of those images and am sharing more today. I wonder how many of you find these images peaceful and quiet?

The first shows the Nicholsville Bridge in Deer Lake, which I think is gone now. To capture the Humber River when it was fairly smooth, I had to get up early before the wind picked up. That time of the day is excellent for making photos of reflections. After I took the photo of the bridge, I noticed the reflection os a car in a puddle of water on the shore and made the second image.

I made the next two images on a very overcast day in a small pond along one of the trails I walk in the woods behind my house. I zoomed in close and the reflections of the plants were silhouettes, which I found very interesting.

The reflection of the boat by a wharf in Red Bay, Labrador was nearly perfect. This is very unusual for the water in a harbour in the North Atlantic. Again, I was out very early in the morning before there was even the slightest breeze. It was a beautiful morning for photography.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...