Friday, June 11, 2010

Little Bay Islands






Little Bay Islands is a small community located on an island in Notre Dame Bay. It has been in the news recently because the owners of the crab plant wants to move out of the community. Of course, the loss of a fish plant could mean the end to the town of 600 when it is the main employer.

Little Bay Islands is a quiet and scenic community that is a 45 minute ferry ride from the Island of Newfoundland. As I walked around the main streets making photos, I realized that this town still had many fishing stages that were well- maintained whereas most I visited these days had few stages and many of those were falling into the sea. One person said that visiting Little Bay Islands was like stepping back into time. I am glad I visited when I did because, if the fish plant closes, I suspect this town will change drastically.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...