Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gros Morne








This morning I chose images of Gros Morne National Park that were taken in the Fall of 2008. When I visited this area of the province, I usually stayed with friends in Deer Lake and drove to the park in the early mornings.

If I saw fog along the way, I was assured of a few interesting scenes when I reached the park, which was about an hour's drive from Deer Lake. In the first photo you can see mist between Gros Morne Mountain and my vantage point. A little later I photographed clouds creeping along its summit. When I hiked to that mountain in 1984, clouds moved in just as I reached the top. As I walked, my head was in the clouds but my feet were not. It was a very interesting experience to say the least. I liked the effect of the dissipating fog in the hills and valleys along the shores of Bonne Bay.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...