Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Boat







Today I am sharing photos of a boat I saw in St. Lunaire - Griquet. As soon as I saw the blue and orange rowboat sitting on the beach in the little town I knew that I could make a Photo of the Day series of the images I was making. This was the first time I've seen a boat anywhere in Newfoundland and Labrador that was painted these colours.

The first image is a close view taken with my 75-300 mm lens at maximum zoom. It was mainly overcast and I was pleased with the bright colours of the boat in this view. I chose to shoot a vertical image of the boat with a lot more in the scene. The more traditional white boat pulled up on the shore in the foreground with the colourful boat and fishing stages in the background made an interesting composition. I changed lenses and made a wide-angle image of the small inlet with my 17-40 mm lens. You can barely see the blue and orange boat in this scene.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...