Friday, August 20, 2010

Fishing Stage






When we left the National Historic Site I suggested driving through the little town of L'Anse aux Meadows before the rain got too heavy. Since rain was forecast for the whole day there may not have been too many more photo ops.

Near the end of the road was a fishing stage with a strange window so I got out of the car and walked past it making several images. At first I thought that this was one of a kind, but when I got to the other side, I noticed that there was another window just like it. I wonder why someone would make windows that were parallelograms instead of rectangles. I am not a handyman, but I guess it would create a lot more work.

I also photographed the door with the moose antlers mounted just above it. I noticed many sheds and stages with moose antlers on them in this area of the province and did take a few photos to add to my Doors collection.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...