Tuesday, August 10, 2010

L'Anse aux Meadows 2






Today I am sharing more photos of the L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site. The photos I have been sharing over the past 19 days were taken during my trip to L'Anse aux Meadows and they are in the order they were taken. Consider it a virtual tour of the Viking Trail, named for the Viking Settlement at L'Anse aux Meadows. It was totally overcast when we arrived at the historic site so I tried to include as little sky as possible in my photos. You can see how bright the sky is in the images.

The first photo shows a sod hut that was used for storage with a pile of wood stacked on one side of it. The second shows the longhouse in the background and the third is a closer view of one of the doors to the longhouse. The sods that made up the exterior of the longhouse looked like they were fairly new.

If you wish to compare the changes as I describe them, feel free to check out the photos I took last time at: http://www.lanephotography.com/lance%20aux%20meadows/lance%20aux%20meadows%20introduction.htm

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...