Monday, August 23, 2010

Reefs Harbour 2






I mentioned the long, dilapidated wharf in Reefs Harbour in yesterday's post. I was surprised that someone had driven a truck nearly to the end of the structure despite the fact that there was a sign warning that it wasn't safe to drive on. An old house with paint peeling off and some broken boards, looked interesting, and I couldn't resist taking a few photos.

There were small vegetable gardens all along the highway on the Great Northern Peninsula. It was interesting that, in this day in age, people could grow vegetables along secluded parts of a highway and that no one would steal the vegetables. I had planned to photograph a few of the gardens but on the way up to L'Anse aux Meadows but it was too foggy and, up to this point on the return drive, it had been raining too hard to stop. The scarecrow caught my attention and I was happy to be able to make photos of the garden with the calm ocean in the background.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...