Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Western Brook Gorge







As we drove by Western Brook Gorge we just had to stop and photograph the mountains from the highway because the scene was so beautiful in the early evening light. As you can see from the photos, I tried different views of the magnificent view. As I said when I posted comments about the Rocky Mountains back in June, it is difficult to capture the grandeur of mountains because close-ups show only a small portion of the scene and wide views diminish the size.

I am still amazed that even though I visited Gros Morne Park many times, I have never taken the tour up Western Brook Pond. Once I walked in, but the boat was leaving as I arrived and I never got back. I have seen photos taken from the tour boat and the views are spectacular!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. Scheduled for my next trip home is L'Ainse aux meadows. Now another site to see!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...