Saturday, September 11, 2010

Begonias






This is the first year that my wife has planted begonias and I have to admit that I have photographed them often throughout the summer. This morning I am sharing a few images of this beautiful flower that were taken in late August and early September. They were taken in the early morning - note the dew on the delicate petals.

The photographs were taken with my new 70-300 mm IS lens. You have probably noticed that I've been using that lens for most of my flower photography recently. That lens allows me to get close-up images from a distance and, since I have been favouring my knee most of the summer, it is much easier than using a wider lens, and having to get in very close to the plants and flowers to get the image I want.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...