Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Colours 5






At first glance these photos don't look like Fall, but they were taken on October 19, the same day as the other images I have been sharing over the past 5 days.

My dahlias are still in bloom despite a Category 1 hurricane and several heavy frosts. I was surprised to see a bee on one of the blooms so I made a few photographs, then noticed that there were three flowers together and a bee on each. It was pretty cool that day and the bees were moving rather slowly. In fact I photographed them for several minutes and they didn't fly from bloom to bloom. One of them hardly moved at all - unusual behaviour for bees.

This will be the last in my Fall Colours series for now. As the leaves continue to change colour and I make more images, I will share them with you.



No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...