Thursday, December 30, 2010

Trees






Thanks for the comments on the "Spring-like conditions here in Newfoundland and Labrador. Yesterday was sunny and beautiful, but this morning it is 0°C (32°F) which is a lot more normal. We may even get a snow flurry or two this morning.

There is a section in the gated community of Citrus Park called Belle Villa and I often walk along the streets taking photos. Today's images show a few trees along one of the streets there.

I am always amazed at the different varieties of palm trees growing in this part of Florida and photograph them each time I visit. I am certain I have photographed the same trees several times, but no two photos are identical. The lighting (influenced by the time of day, time of year, weather conditions, etc.) changes the look of each image. As well the composition is never identical so each image is unique.

A friend once asked if I ever tired of looking at the same things over and over, and when I thought of it I had to admit that I don't. I have walked the same trails behind my house hundreds of times, but enjoy hiking and making photos every time I go. I have walked around Citrus Park many times and still see something to photograph every time. A few times I have ventured out without my camera, but am always sorry because I missed opportunities to make pictures. Needless to say, I don't leave without my camera very often.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...