Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Anhinga






I have learned that most birds are fairly predictable and that allows me to get pretty close to some of them. While walking along one of the roads in Citrus Park I saw an American anhinga drying its wings on the banks of a small canal. I started to slowly move towards it, taking photos each time I took a step. The large bird was aware of me but wasn't too upset because I was so quiet. I got within six feet of it and got a few close-up images which I am sharing today.

It is interesting that I am able to photograph birds much more easily in Florida than here in Newfoundland and Labrador. I assume the birds in Citrus Park are used to seeing people and don't seem to mind them too much. I plan to share other close-up photos of birds for the next few days.

Here is a comment I received regarding my question about Butterfly Colour:
Looking at the two coloured butterflies I see that they are a little frayed around the edges. That would suggest that they are aging and the colour reflective surfaces are degrading as well. Also, for these guys it is still winter in Florida and that would tend to slow them down and suffer a bit during colder periods.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...