Friday, January 14, 2011

Petty Harbour -1982







Here is a comment I received yesterday:

I really like yesterday's and today's pictures. Hiking the East Coast Trail, as I do, I've been to both locations a goodly number of times. Your pictures from times past in those communities are quite different from the ones that I take nowadays - fewer fishing boats and fishing infrastructure, etc.

That made me think that Communities along the East Coast Trail: A Glimpse into the Past would be a good title for this series. So, for the next few days I will share old photos of a few of those communities.

Since we had the first snowstorm of this winter and received 25 cm (10 in) I thought I'd show you a few scenes from Petty Harbour in the winter of 1982. I am not sure, but some of the side roads look like they hadn't been paved then. You can see from the photos that the roads were pretty narrow and, of course, still are today. However, some of the houses and buildings that were almost touching the road may be gone now. I still visit Petty Harbour often and always find something interesting to photograph. I have uploaded several more images of this scenic town to my Blog today.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...