Thursday, January 06, 2011

Red-Shouldered Hawk





I photographed red-shouldered hawks on four different occasions while in Citrus Park in December. These birds are also getting used to people because I was able to get fairly close to them. It was late in the afternoon and the sun was starting to set when I saw a hawk perched on top of a utility pole. It took a couple of glances down at me, but didn't fly away.

The last two images were taken just after the hawk enjoyed an early morning meal on the grass. I made photographs while it was eating and when finished, it flew into a nearby tree. I approached it slowly and was able to get fairly close. It looked at me curiously, then after a few minutes flew away.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...