Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunrise





This will be the last in my Florida series for now. I still have lots of images to share, but want to move on for fear of boring some of you. No doubt I will return to another Florida series in a while.

While in Citrus Park I photographed the sunrise every morning but the one - it rained very heavy and there was no sun visible. On the third morning, there were a few clouds in the sky, which makes it easier to photograph because the sun disappears behind them creating rays of light and golden fringes along the edges of the clouds. Of course, they also change shape creating different and interesting images.

The first photo shows the sky just as the sun peeked above the horizon. You can see a brighter section where the sun is located. The second image shows a slightly wider view as the sun hides behind the lowest clouds and the third shows the sun as it rises behind the second level of clouds. The light changes dramatically as the sun climbs higher in the morning sky.

What a way to start the day - a dramatic sunrise to photograph nearly every morning! While I am out early every day, I am not the only one. I see lots of people out early - walking, running, walking dogs, and bicycling - actively enjoying the start of a new day. I walked 2-5 miles every morning I was in Florida which was actually good for my injured knee because the land is flat making it easier to walk.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...