Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tilting - 1984 - 2





Thanks for the comments on the "historical" photos of Tilting, Fogo Island, especially one person who sent several photos taken in 2004. It was interesting to see the community 20 years after these images were made.

When I visited Tilting in 1984 I stayed with a friend and warned him that I get up early and will sneak out of the house with my camera. By 6:00 AM the next morning I was walking around the town making photographs. The sounds of dogs barking, roosters crowing, and boats heading out to the fishing grounds dominated the soundscape at that early hour. I photographed as many fishing stages as I could knowing that it would be a long time before I returned to this community.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...