Monday, January 17, 2011

Tors Cove - 1981





Thanks for the comments on yesterday's photos of Tors Cove. Today, I have a few of houses and buildings in Tors Cove, also taken in 1981. I remember stopping to photograph the house with a boat under construction and thinking it odd to be building such a large boat outdoors, open to the elements. A few years later I drove by and the frame of the boat had been converted to a shed. I am pretty sure I have a slide of that somewhere.

Everything including poles looked like they had been freshly painted - so bright and white! The third photo shows an old house that may have been converted to a garage. I suspect it is gone now. The church is still there, but a few years ago someone got in and set the songbooks on fire inside the building. I believe it is locked all the time now.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...