Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winter Scenes 2





Thanks for the positive comments regarding the winter photos yesterday. Today, I chose more winter photos from Leeches Brook (Thunder Falls). Second Falls is probably the most popular swimming hole of the four or more located on this river. As you can see, in Winter, the large waterfall freezes into huge icicles . I was a little nervous walking any closer on snowshoes because I could hear the water running under the ice and didn`t want to fall through.

The second and third photos show the same scene taken during different trips to this river. The large icicles in these photos is not a frozen waterfall, but made from water flowing over the hill, into the river below.

These photographs bring back fond memories for me since I took many snowshoe hikes to Second Falls to make photographs. If you search for Leeches Brook on my Blog, you will find several more images of this scenic and peaceful area.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

1 comment:

NLNature said...

Hi there,
Great shots! I've never seen Leeches Brook in winter.

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...