Friday, January 21, 2011

Winter Scenes






For now, I don't have any more slides scanned of the Communities along the East Coast Trail so I will move on. For a while, I will still share images I am scanning from slides and this morning I chose to share winter scenes.

I've often talked about shooting into the sun to create dramatic photographs and today's photographs are examples of this type of image. The first photo was taken on the Exploits River in the early 1970s. I liked the light reflecting off the water and ice and made the image knowing that it would be fairly dark, but emphasize the shapes and textures of the ice..

The second photo was made during a hike to "second falls" at Leeches Brook (now known as Thunder Falls) near Grand Falls-Windsor. After a pleasant snowshoe hike on a cold Winter day, I shot many images of the icy waterfalls, then walked down the river a little ways and shot this photo with the sun behind the trees. You can see that despite the cold, there is still a little water showing in the middle of the river. When I lived in Grand Falls, I visited this river often and in all seasons.

I've always liked the third photo even though it is quite dark. It was taken near the Exploits River in Grand Falls-Windsor. It was so cold that morning that frost was falling from the clear blue sky. I liked the frosty trees with the sun in the background. The other photos also show additional examples of shooting into the sun.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...