Monday, February 28, 2011

Boats





Today's photos of boats were scanned from slides originally taken between the early 70s to the mid-90s. Since I live on the sixteenth largest islands in the world, boats are a common sight in most communities near the ocean. I have been photographing boats for many years and when I look back at the images, I can see changes in the number, size and types of boats I see in my travels.

The first shows a few small boats moored in a harbour on the Burin Peninsula. This may be Mooring Cove, but since I didn't photograph town welcome signs when I was shooting slides, I have forgotten where this slide was taken. I think it was fairly near the Town of Marystown. The second image was taken in Hibbs Cove on the Port de Grave Peninsula, a scenic community that I have visited several times. The single boat was located in King's Point, Green Bay. I also liked the four boats lined up in Harbour Main and the stage and boats in Quidi Vidi.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...