Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pansies





After another 5 cm (2 in) snow yesterday, I thought that people in this area might like a reminder of Spring and Summer.

Pansies are extremely hardy and are among the first plants to bloom in Spring and the last to stop blooming in the fall. They are very prolific and produce brightly coloured flowers all season. As well, other than occasional watering and weeding, they require little care.

Most of the pansies in our yard are located in two beds which have grown quite thick after three seasons. As soon as the snow melts I plan to thin them and start a couple of more beds near the house. Of course, I will photograph the process and probably share a few with you.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

1 comment:

William F. Matthews said...

A very timely photographic display of a cheerful flower. Images are very sharp! Thanks for sharing.

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...