Thursday, February 03, 2011

Ploughshares Peace March (1982) - 3




Today's photos were taken near St. John's City Hall, where the Peace March began and continued to the War Memorial on Duckworth/Water Street.

Beni Malone attended the Peace March in 1982 along with a young girl dressed as a clown. I spoke with him a few years ago and he told me that it was probably his daughter who was then training with Cirque de Soleil. Beni now owns Wunderbolt Circus and tours the province of Newfoundland and Labrador and I think his daughter may also be part of the circus. I think they also run circus camps in the St. John's area.

As I look back at these photos, taken nearly 30 years ago, they bring back memories of the event. However, most of the memories are related to the images. I guess that looking at the slides over the years brought those images to mind and kept them fresh.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...