Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Ploughshares Peace March - 1982





Ploughshares Peace March - 1982

In the late summer or early fall of 1982 I photographed a Peace March organized by the local Ploughshares group. It was well attended and I marched along making photos of both the marchers and onlookers. Over the next few days, I will share more of the photos I took on that march.

The first photo shows a group of young people walking along with a banner that reads, "End the Arms Race". Since the photos were taken 29 years ago, I estimate that most of those people are in their forties by now. The lady in the second photo looked pretty serious and thoughtful as she walked by. I always liked the image of the man with his son sitting in the crowd. He looked so pensive as he listened to speeches about peace and getting rid of nuclear weapons.

When I made these images, I didn`t realize that 30 years later I would be sharing them with so many people. The only way to share images in those days was to be published in newspapers or magazines. Of course, since it took 2-3 weeks to get my slides back, they were old news by then and this is the first time that these images have been seen by anyone but me.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...